US Citizen in Spain PDF Print E-mail


Some guidelines

Please check you status and have a safe trip.

  1. If you want to spend some vacation in Spain, you do not need a visa. You can stay 90 days.
  2. If you want to stay longer than 90 days , you need a visa.
  3. If you want to study, you need a visa and resident permit.
  4. If you want to work, you need a visa and resident permit.
  5. If you stay longer than 90 days and have no visa or resident permit , you will be illegal.
  6. If you want to work or do you have a job offer, all the immigration process must be done in Spain, only when you obtain the approval you can go to pick your visa at the Spanish Embassy/Consulate in USA.
  7. All the immigration process can be done at the Spanish Embassy/Consulate in USA? No...Work Permit must be done in Spain, then you go to the Spanish Embassy/Consulate in USA.
  8. If you do not find a response to your case only reading the immigration section is normal.. This is immigration legal advice, so it is strongly recommended to explain your case. Each case is unique and personal. Send your query or set up an appointment. Happy to help you.
  9. If you want to pay by card,  the following brands are allowed : visa, mastercard and american express. Also, wire transfer and paypal.

Spain has some new immigration rules for investors, entrepreneurs, graduates, intra-company transfers, researchers,...If you need further information, send an e-mail and explain your case.

Regarding my contact details, please note my two email addresses:  marla[at]  and marla[at]  ...

If you find marla[at] is wrong typing

-US citizen and European citizen ( married couple or living together couple ) check your rights.

-US student in Spain

BOJORGE &ASSOCIATES - Point of Contact: Marla Bojorge. Address: Sorolla Center, Avenida Cortes Valencianas, 58, 5º, 522A 46015 Valencia SPAIN

Marla Bojorge practises Spanish Law (from Spain) and International Law

Best regards,

Marla Bojorge

We have 32 guests online
Copyright Visa Law